Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fire & Grace Contemplative Worship

once again I forgot those of you who missed the service Thursday morning, here it is (hugs)


Fire & Grace Contemplative Prayer Service
Living Spirit United Church – February 23, 2012

Welcome

Opening Reading  (spoken together)

Thus says the Lord: Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast glory in this, that they understand and know me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I delight, says the Lord.  (Jeremiah 9:23,24)

Chant:

Slowly blooms the rose within,
slowly blooms the rose within.
 (repeat)
Readings…
1st reading – listen, what word or phrase draws you.
2nd reading – listen, for an image that relates to your life.
3rd reading – listen, what might God be calling you to?

Most gracious Presence, let me not be arrogant, nor boast of my virtuous deeds; Let me not seek fame or set my heart on the riches of the world.  Help me to calm and quiet my soul, like a child quieted at its mother’s breast; like a child that is quieted, be so my soul. 
(Psalm 131 trans Nan C Merrill)

Chant:

Slowly blooms the rose within,
slowly blooms the rose within.
 (repeat)

Silent Meditation (15-20 minutes ended by a bell)
Prayers of the people followed by Our Father.
Chant:

All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.
 (repeat)

Closing:  (spoken together)

          God, my friend,
I offer You each moment of this day;
Whatever comes – the unexpected challenges,
          Diversions from my plans,
          The need-filled glance,
          The expectations and complaints,
          The being taken for granted,
          The slights and sleights-of-hand.

I’d be grateful if You could keep me aware of my pesky habits…
And, between us, perhaps we can enliven the spirits of those I live and work with…
Whatever else befalls,
          I trust we can cope with it.  Amen.
                             (A Lenten Prayer of Dedication)

Namaste.

No comments: