Friday, February 10, 2012

Fire & Grace Contemplative Worship

Sorry folks, I was so busy yesterday with Occupy stuff, I forgot to post the service.  I hope your day was wonderful, I am posting the service now in case you wish to spend some quiet time today... (hugs)


Fire & Grace Contemplative Prayer Service
Living Spirit United Church – February 9, 2012

Welcome

Opening Reading  (spoken together)

“Is there anyone among you who,
if your child asks for a fish,
will give a snake instead of a fish? 
Or if the child asks for an egg,
will give a scorpion? 
If you then, who are evil, know how
to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will the heavenly Father
give the Holy spirit to those who ask him!”
          (Luke 11: 11-13)


Chant:
O let me see with the eye of my heart,
That I might see your face, O my God.
 (repeat)
Readings…
1st reading – listen, what word or phrase draws you.
2nd reading – listen, for an image that relates to your life.
3rd reading – listen, what might God be calling you to?


“When we do get there, we almost wonder how we got there.  We know we did not do anything nearly as much as we know we were done unto.  We are being utterly and warmly held and falling helplessly into a scary mystery at the very same time – caught between profound desire and the question, “where is this going to take me?”  It has been said many times that, after transformation, you seldom have the feeling you have found anything.  It feels much more like Someone found you!”                                                      (Richard Rohr – The Naked Now)

Chant:
O let me see with the eye of my heart,
That I might see your face, O my God.
 (repeat)


Silent Meditation (15-20 minutes ended by a bell)
Prayers of the people followed by Our Father.

Chant:
Always and everywhere, All ways and everywhere,
          Rejoice, rejoice in the One who is All.
Always and everywhere, All ways and everywhere,
          Rejoice, rejoice in the One.
 (repeat)


Closing:  (spoken together)

My hope is in the Beloved,
my strength and my joy,
O my soul, open the door to Love! 
Yes!  Let us sing a song of diversity,
a song of Oneness and Unity! 
For we are all One in Love’s Heart,
now and forevermore. 
Let us ever reflect the Peace we are!
                   (from Psalm 43 trans Nan C.Merrill)


Namaste.

No comments: