Thursday, February 08, 2007

Calgary Transit... sigh

I'm not usually much of a complainer. I usually grumble at home, but don't complain where it would do any good. Today I sent this email off to Calgary Transit...

I just missed the 4:05 tonight.

The 4:14 bus stopped at the green light on 6th Ave & 3rd St at 4:15 because there were already 2 buses in the stop and no room for more...

However as the light looked like it was ready to change, the young man driving this 108 bus rolled through the intersection...

Then pulled left around the 2 buses and angled into the curb in front of the church on the corner of 4th St.

All the people waiting at the stop ran up the block to catch him, except me...

I don't run too well, especially on snow and ice.

I went as fast as I could and when I saw the light turn green at 4th St. and he started to move, I yelled and waved to no avail...

The other 2 buses pulled out right behind the 108.

I was left. My knees are not pleased. And neither am I.

The next bus (the 4:24) arrived at 4:27 and by then I was in pain and very cold. The very nice lady driver on this bus tried very hard to squeeze every passenger on that she could - and a fine job she did, we are thankful for her.

I understand we are in need of drivers. Most of the ones we have now try very hard to make the best of a difficult situation.

I feel I deserve a personal apology from that young man driving the 4:14.

later man, jan

No comments: