Thursday, November 22, 2007

Wanna feel good inside... giving is the way to go...

and this is way better than regular on-line shopping...

check out this website link to Kiva.org to find a new way to support those in need in our world...

There are many ways to give - but these are micro-loans that let you get your money repaid and able to be given again - WOW! now I can be a micro-lender to give a micro-loan...

There was so much traffic on the page today that it took me forever to get in when I decided to register! They use PayPal to send the money and you can check the status of each loan anytime. They also have an RSS feed for their blog and I have been fascinated by the stories and pictures. Where have I been, that I missed seeing this on the news! People lending to people!

If you have time, check out the documentary that spread this news a year ago at FRONTLINE/World called Uganda - A Little Goes a Long Way. In one year they have spread from Unganda to 11 other countries.

later man, jan

No comments: