Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All About KMET

One of our earliest loans with Kiva is to a group in Kenya called Runyenjes Community Based Distributors Group.

Trish, I know you and Dan joined me on this loan and it sounded very interesting and had a really good write-up. But still, I had many questions back in February about the size of the group and what they actually did and why the loan was for 24 months and on and on. Since that time I have hung around the KivaFriends forum and found some of the answers.

Today, one of the Kiva Fellows just newly arrived in Kisumu, Kenya has posted on the Kiva Stories from the Field blog. She says "I continue to see each day the work the organization does and how it strives to create innovative and practical solutions for vulnerable people". Sarah also included this link to a K-MET video. I want to share this video with all of you. It is 10 minutes long, but I felt it was worth my time.


I will continue to watch for KMET loans to be posted on Kiva.org.

later man, jan

No comments: