Sunday, March 04, 2012

I Was Blind, But Now I See...


“All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”        (Edmund Burke)
Where’s the problem?  My life is just fine, thank you.

I used to be proud to call myself Canadian.  Now I realize I have been blind.  Conditioned.  To give more and more to charity to help more and more people who are hurting more and more every day.  How bad does it have to get to wake me up?

My elected representative doesn’t actually represent me.  He doesn’t believe what I believe. 

Canada’s exit from the Kyoto Protocol shamed me before the world.  While I watched!

I wrote to protest Bill C-10 that will ensure that petty criminals are imprisoned alongside the dangerous ones, encouraging further crime.  And received the ‘not now little girl’ reply.

I wrote to protest Bill C-30 that will give our police force the right and authority to monitor our e-mails, web history, and private activity without warrants.  And received the ‘not now little girl’ reply.

And blindly following our neighbor into war?  The next one with Iran?  Iran has no weapons of mass destruction. The only country which does have nuclear weapons in the region is the very country we are siding with.  Sounds pretty scary to me with Russia and China in the wings.

Our freedoms are slowly being taken away and we are doing nothing?

Heard of NDAA?  The National Defense Authorization Act in the United States… allows the military to indefinitely detain American citizens considered ‘terrorists’ or threats to the system.  We now have the ‘Beyond the Borders: Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness’ act, the recent integration of ‘security’ between Canada and the U.S. which now makes it possible for the U.S. to charge any Canadian as well.

Now we sit quietly to wait for new government budgets to bring austerity measures that will tear down our society, our healthcare, our Old Age Pension, our EI insurance and all the other social welfare programs our parents worked so hard to achieve.  I’m comparing this to the dollars to be spent on fighter jets, battleships, super-prisons around the country and even a glass dome on our Parliamentary building.  Nothing there about recovering offshore money.   I don’t like what I see.

The final straw should be this fraud in our elections.  These so-called robocalls to confuse voters.  I hear this has been under investigation since June.  Now the dirt is coming to light.  Enough light to wake up the sleeping?  I hope so.

We need to look in our mirrors.   
We need to look deep in our hearts and accept that we, the people, have not bothered to stand up for our rights.   
But all is not lost.  Perhaps we, the people can turn this thing around.   
It’s time to stand up and be counted.   
What kind of country, what kind of world, are we leaving behind for our grandchildren?  

I have looked and I don’t like what I’ve seen.  

I am speaking out.

Get Fraud out of Parliament NOW!
We call on ALL THE PEOPLE  to join in PROTEST
-Sunday, March 11, from 2 to 4 pm on the steps of Calgary City Hall

We the people of Canada demand …a FULL PUBLIC INQUIRY INTO THE ROBOCALLS AND BY-ELECTIONS IN ALL AFFECTED RIDINGS!

1) We ask for a public and independent criminal investigation.
2) We ask for by-elections in every riding affected by the scandal.
3) We ask for the resignation of any member of parliament found to be involved in any way.

This will be a peaceful protest and family friendly environment.
Get Fraud out of Parliament NOW!

"our lives begin to end 
the day we remain silent about things that matter"
(Martin Luther King) 
Later man, jan

No comments: