Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Be Still...

When we get tangled up in our problems, be still.
God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.


I get so many emails and usually I'm very fast with that delete key. This one stopped me in my tracks. It was the beginning for a candle prayer chain sent to my by my friend and hairdresser. Like a bolt from heaven - and my first thought was 'of course'.

I think I have mentioned before that my life seems to have weekly themes. This Sunday, Traci told us to 'be still'. The youth choir sang 'be still'. Today's email actually gives me the 'why'.

I learned as a scouter that when your rope had a knot you couldn't untie it until you stopped pulling. These last few weeks have found us flailing around trying to find answers. So stop. Sit back. Let God direct our actions this time.

Ps46:10 Be Still, and know that I am God.

later man, jan

No comments: