Sunday, May 27, 2007

Some days futility reigns in my heart...


One of the highlights of my day is reading the cartoon strip For Better or Worse by Lynn Johnston. Today's Sunday Strip Fix has hit a nerve.

I look at our one can of garbage on Friday and then glance down the alley at all the neighbor's piles. Today at church we had cake and coffee with china plates and cups and plastic spoons. I use cloth grocery bags and have to be so careful not to get distracted at the checkout or I find everything stuffed in little plastic bags that I have no use for. We install low flow shower heads and the guy at the corner store washes his sidewalk with a garden hose and I know when I go to work tomorrow, at least one of the 3 sinks in the washroom will have a tap that won't turn off all the way. I remember a while back, Al had a post about all the people at his local recycling drop and he was the only one that turned off his engine while recycling.

Can't think of a way to end this rant - it just goes on...
later man, jan

No comments: